Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 2 of Skullduggery at HDH


Oh yes!  It's our second week of our Skullduggery Challenge at HDH and I've finally gotten around to making a faux porcelain skull with my meltpot using the fabulous step by step Tutorial by our own fabulous Minion Sister Blackdragon available in the Mixed Media University Group on the Smeared and Smudged Forum. So many cool things happening over there. The skull is a Smeared Ink digi that was printed 6 times, fussy cut and layered according to the tut.  WooHoo!  BD does the most amazing work and my effort cannot even begin to compare with hers, but I'm pretty damn proud of the result, just the same.  I've mounted it on a Tim Holtz Ornate Plate and added tiny metal roses and turned it into a necklace.

I'm entering this in the LOC Anniversay ATG Challenge (last day, BooHoo!) as well as the LOC Ribbons/and or Flowers challenge.

 Corrosive Challenge Show Us Your Metal

Tip Top Tuesday Metal or Faux Metal   My TIP for Tip Top Tuesday is after removing your creation from a Meltpot, you can easily remove bubbles or other imperfections with your heat gun.

Quoth the Raven Tic Tac Poe using the left verticle line of Hardware or Metal, Skull and Flowers and although it hasn't a specific reference to Poe, I think it speaks to his preoccupation with Death and I did find reference to "enamell'd head" in the poem Al Aaraaf.  (Perhaps a stretch.  LOL)

17 comments:

  1. Great work. It sounds fun, I think a meltpot will be going on my wish list. Good tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Donna this is stunning, I think I'm hooked with all this skullduggery milarchy lol. Will definately have to join...

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so cool Donna! Your talents are never ending my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is so interesting and cool! You rocked the skull challenge with this great piece. I have missed the challenge and was happy to get a chance to participate this week. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Donna - this just looks soooo cool. I love my melting pot and have great fun with it. I hope you are going to wear this lovely piece ? Thank you very much for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN this time :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna my dear minion sista, I am so honoured that you tried my tut...finally getting to use your melt pot.... its addictive you know, you'll be fussy cutting all sorts of stuff now and dipping them.
    Thank you so much for linky up with QUOTH THE RAVEN love always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I have to try this! Thank you for sharing with us at LOC. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Donna! I can't wait to see what else you come up with using your melt pot. Thank you for sharing this one with us at Quoth the Raven xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally awesome! I'm going to go and check out the melting pot tutorial right now...I keep trying to use mine, bought molds and all and am having NO luck!
    You inspire me in a creepy way! LOL!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is WAY cool! I will have to check out the tutorial, but this came out great, and makes a "killer" necklace. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just awesome Donna. Lovin every bit of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely brilliant, you nailed the melt pot. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so so so love this skull necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally fab, thanks for joining Left of Centre Challenge this week & good luck Pam Dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, fab! I love all things skully! Great job with this. Thanks for join us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Donna!! love this! Thanks for sharing at Left of Center this fortnight! Mo DT Coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!